Monday, December 12, 2011

24 Weeks

Well I am 24 weeks along with baby #2 and feeling pretty good. Aside from some of the joyous bodily changes that come with pregnancy, I am feeling pretty good. No nausea to complain about and still pretty comfortable. I have started swelling a bit throughout the day, but as long as I watch my salt intake, drink lots of water and put my feet up when I can it seems to subside during the night and I start each day fluid-free. My last doctors appointment was a couple weeks ago and I will go back next week, but everything has been looking good. Well except for the minor little issue of weight gain. A woman my size should gain about 25-35 lbs throughout her pregnancy, as of two weeks ago I had gained 23! I had 18 weeks to go at that point... It's not really fair that my appointment was right after our third Thanksgiving, but still, 23 pounds is a little out of control. Needless to say I have purchased a scale, my first ever, to watch my weight a little more closely. Some of it is fluid, which the doctor is watching closely, but the rest is my lack of self-control and zero desire to exercise. I'm happy to report I have been a good little girl the last couple of weeks and am only up a little less then a pound. Oh the joys of pregnancy. I'll leave you with a few pics of the little one...


2 comments:

  1. How sweet, Shannon! And those pictures of Payton and Santa...I know that would be Mason, too...we didn't meet the guy in red. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete