Friday, October 8, 2010

Celebrating

My last day at CHI was Wednesday and I start my new job on Monday so Kole and I decided it was was cause for celebration, it's till been 80 degrees here so we decided happy hour on the Lodo's rooftop was the perfect spot! As you can see the views are pretty great. The last couple of months have been rough for me as my company moved further south right after I returned from maternity leave, leaving me with an hour+ one way commute. In order to avoid rush hour and a 2 hour morning commute I had been leaving the house, in the dark, before Payton was awake. Not the best way for a new mom to start her day. Also for other reasons I won't get into, there were aspects of my job over the last couple years that were emotionally draining. It's all in the past now, thank God! My new job is part-time and 15 minutes away in Louisville. I am so looking forward to a fresh start and more time with my precious daughter and wonderful husband.




Eating out is a totally different experience now. It's something Kole and I have always enjoyed and didn't want to give up so now we go early (Payton turns into a pumpkin around 6:30, it ain't pretty), take turns eating and feeding, and are usually in and out in about an hour.
If you don't have happy hour, you won't be seeing us anytime soon!






Payton goes crazy for anything we are eating and/or drinking. If you are consuming it she wants it and she's quick!


Don't worry, there was no infant alcohol consumption in the making of this post!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job, Shannon! You are SO right about eating out with infants. Mason is a fellow pumpkin turner!

    ReplyDelete