Monday, June 6, 2011

One of Those Weekends...


This weekend was one of those weekends that come Sunday night, when I went to bed I thanked God for my life and the people He put it in it. Friday night Kole stayed home with Payton while I took Lexi out to dinner and a movie to celebrate her 13th birthday and to have a little girl time. We ate at Noodles & Company and then say Something Borrowed, we both loved it! Saturday we got up bright and early and out of the house by 7:00am to go to the Taste of Louisville. Louisville is the town I grew up in and where my parents still live. I joined Jenn and Maura, girls I have known a LONG time to run the 5K, which went well. Thank goodness Maura was there because Jenn left us in her dust! This is quite ironic as my friend Jennifer was known for her swimming skills and not her running skills when we were younger.   :)
After the race we met up with our families and enjoyed the Taste of Louisville festivities. They all went to Touch  a Truck while Payton caught a nap in the stroller. When they returned we grabbed lunch at local joint that was right on Main Street and were joined by other friends we had run into and Aunt Kelsey and Uncle Josh. It such an awesome way to spend a Saturday as a family and the weather was perfect! We got home early afternoon and let Payton nap while we got ready to go to a wine tasting we had booked a while back. Nana came to pick Payton up and keep her for the night which is always a treat (thanks Mom!!) and we went on our way. Little did I know my wonderful husband had something up his sleeve to celebrate our anniversary. After the tasting he drove us to the Hyatt in downtown Denver, where he had reservations for the evening!! We then caught a cab to this awesome sushi restaurant, had an amazing dinner and then walked back all the way through downtown to our hotel where we had dessert and wine and called it a night. I was so surprised! Kole arranged everything, even a dog sitter, without my knowing it was a beautiful, perfect night.

I told you I had a wonderful husband!

We picked up Payton late Sunday morning, went to church and then I hung home with P while Kole golfed with the boys and then we all gathered for dinner at Papa's.

It was one of those weekends :)

(the pictures are from Taste of Louisville, I stole them from Jenn's blog)





No comments:

Post a Comment