Thursday, August 4, 2011

Firenze (Florence)

Florence was beautiful, I was so excited to see the city where the fabulous Brittan lived for a year! We spent two separate days there as it was only a 30 minute drive from our villa. We spent our time just walking around the city, shopping, eating and taking it all in. We saw the infamous David, the line was long and it rained on us, but it was worth the wait to experience it in person. He is huge!! I was thinking life size, more like giant size! Brittan I can see why you fell in love :)

I got to do a lot of the driving while we were there as there were 3 rental cars and only 4 who could drive a manual transmission. I'm pretty sure I was born to drive in Italy. They drive fast, make up their own rules, all while managing to mostly avoid each other and objects.It was fun! (not sure Grandpa shared in my enthusiasm)




Making friends with the Polizia




She was dancing to his music, but then tried to steel his Euros so we had to leave!


Honestly don't know the significance of this particular church but it was unbelievable

Ponte Vecchio

No comments:

Post a Comment