Friday, September 30, 2011

Big Sister!


Shortly after we got back from Europe we found out that I was pregnant and Payton is going to be a big sister! I was pretty surprised and of course thankful that it happened so quickly. We went for our first appointment on September 6th, when I was 10 weeks along, and were so relieved to see a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat. I am due April 3 2012, and we are thrilled (and a little nervous) to become a family of four!


I'm almost 14 weeks now and heading into my second trimester. I have been feeling pretty sick most days, but it's been in the evenings/nights this time around instead of in the morning like I was with Payton. It makes getting up and getting myself and Payton going in the morning and getting to work easier, but nights have been rough. Poor Kole has been doing more than his fair share after work with Payton and the house, I am so thankful for him, he really is an amazing husband and father. I'm hoping the second trimester will bring some relief, but I am trying to stay focused on the fact it's all worth it to have a healthy baby in April!

Everyone has been asking if we will find out this time whether it's a girl or a boy. I told Kole it was up to him this time around because I was the one who really wanted to wait with Payton. As of now he has decided that we will wait again, which kind of surprised me, but is just fine with me. We'll see if he changes he mind, stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Shannon! I know you and Kole must be so thrilled! Wishing you a peaceful and healthy pregnancy!
    xo!
    Ps - how neat is it that you and brittnie are pregnant at the same time?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! It is so fun to have 2! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete