Friday, September 30, 2011

Wings

Last weekend I joined my immediate family (Kole and Payton stayed home so I could really "be there") for an event that makes us all so very proud. Brian graduated a US Air Force Pilot!!

We flew into Oklahoma City and made the two-hour drive to Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, TX. We got to tour the base and get a small peak into what Brian has endured/accomplished/fought for over the last year. It was such a great experience for me to see and to be there for him.

This is the jet Brian and his class have been flying



Friday night there was a really nice ceremony and reception and Saturday we just spent the day hanging out with Brian and his friends at their house.

Getting his wings, this was a very big deal!

PROUD Dad

Mallorie, the sweet girl Brian is dating

Proud "little" brother

The fam

Brian and some of his classmates

I missed my hubby and baby girl, but they had a nice relaxing weekend at home.

Brian, we love you so much and are so proud of what you have accomplished and the man you are becoming. While it makes me a little nervous to think of you flying and serving in the Air Force, I know that you are realizing your dream and I couldn't be happier for you! Congratulations, you are pretty awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment