Thursday, November 22, 2012

Halloween

We carved pumpkins this year with Mike, Sarah, Josh and Kelsey. It was bittersweet as it was one of the last things we did with Mike and Sarah before they moved back East for Sarah's new job. We had a great time, but already miss them a lot.

Payton chose the design for she and Grant's pumpkins and Aunt Kelsey drew the flowers on for us. Payton liked the carving and would put the pieces back in that I was carving out. She didn't like touching the inside of the pumpkin and all its guts though.

Finished products


Sarah found a fish pumpkin on Pinterest that she was determined to replicate. It involved a lot of scraping and even drilling, but it turned out great!




 

I wasn't planning on asking Payton what she wanted to be as I didn't think she would care and I figured it was my last chance to choose for her. As soon as people started talking Halloween and dressing up she told me she wanted to be a princess. It wouldn't have been my first choice for her, but I didn't have the heart to tell her no so a princess it was. Rapunzel from Tangled to be exact, she looked pretty cute. There were a couple of costumes I really liked for Grant, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on them so I picked up a dragon costume at Costco and Grant went as Pascal, Rapunzel's little buddy in the movie. Pascal is actually a chameleon, but he didn't seem to notice :)

 
 
Halloween last year...


She was Grant's age in this picture (2010)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment