Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kelsey's Baby Shower

On Saturday April 13th my mom and I threw Kelsey her baby shower. I really enjoyed planning all the little details that I hoped Kelsey would love. Little Liam's nursery is grey and a light bluish teal color so we ran with that as our theme for the shower. My goal was for it to be elegantly cute. I think we accomplished it. My dear friend Brittnie designed the invitations for us and in record time. So thankful for her talent and willingness to help on short notice!


We made oreo balls, a cheater version of cake pops, as I had heard cake pops are really hard and time consuming. They have 3 ingredients, oreos, cream cheese, and melted chocolate chips for the frosting. I was really happy with how easy they were to make. We did learn that melted white chocolate plus food dye equals instant play dough, Sarah and Kole and I had some laughs and Kole had to make a late night grocery store run for white icing!
Kelsey's friend Stephanie made the cutest diaper cake that made for great decoration!
We had onesie cookies made at a local bakery that turned out great and even tasted good
We planned it at my mom's house in hopes that the weather would cooperate so we could take advantage of her deck and gorgeous view. April weather, especially if I am throwing the party, is completely unpredictable, but we got lucky! It was dry and nice enough for us to be outside which I was so thankful for.
My mom was in charge of flowers and when she went to the florist to have them arranged it happened to be prom weekend and every florist was completely booked. She ended up having to arrange them herself, which was very stressful for her, but she did a beautiful job!
The shower started at 4 in the afternoon so we served light appetizers
Mom made a sparkling blue punch that was pregnancy friendly



Kels is not one for cheesy shower games so we just had little paper onesies for everyone to write her a little note and hung them on a clothes line for everyone to enjoy. We also had a little celebrity baby matching activity to fill out while she was opening her gifts. We had Starbucks gift cards for the 3 that got the most correct. Kelsey's friend Monica got all 14 correct, I was pretty shocked.








Kelsey (and Josh and Liam) got a lot of great things she needed and several gift cards to put towards everything else.



Our friend Sarah, who moved away to the East coast, came back to help celebrate. She came in a couple days before to visit and I put her to work, poor girl. I don't know what I would have done without her help. We had a great visit and I was able to get everything done. Oh how we miss she and her hubby Mike.




Kelsey and Josh have done so much for us since we have had our kids and are such a wonderful Aunt and Uncle that I couldn't wait to celebrate her having her first little one. It was so great to plan it with my mom and get to enjoy watching her reactions and getting to visit and be "showered" on by her closest friends. We missed friends and family that couldn't be there, but hope they enjoy the pictures.

To my beautiful little sister: I hope you felt the love we all have for you and your sweet family and I can't wait to journey through this crazy, wonderful phase of raising children together. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment